New calls for project proposals of Erasmus+ has been published recently. Even though Ukraine is not member state of European Union, as a country of Eastern Partnership it can use several opportunities and take part in certain activities as Partner country. However, as other non-EU countries, it needs to fulfil specific criteria. Partners are divided in different groups of the countries of the world and based on position in such groups, countries abide by specific conditions (e.g. budget available). Ukraine is part of Region 2 (Eastern Partnership).
Erasmus+ activities are mainly designed to support Programme countries (from EU). Nevertheless, some parts of programme’s actions also focus on outer countries to enhance mutual cooperation and mobility, specifically in the fields of higher education and youth:
- Key Action 1: LEARNING MOBILITY OF INDIVIDUALS
- International mobility of individuals (student mobility for studies, staff mobility for teaching, and for training)
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (minimum of 75 % of scholarships earmarked for Partner countries’ candidates)
- Mobility for young people and youth workers (around 25 % of the budget available for activities including participants from Programme and Partner Countries)
- Key Action 2: COOPERATION FOR INNOVATION AND THE EXCHANGE OF GOOD PRACTICES
- Capacity-building projects in higher education (specifically focuses on cooperation with Partner countries to modernise and internationalise higher education institutions and to contribute to sustainable and inclusive socio-economic growth)
- partners can also take part in actions Strategic Partnerships, Knowledge Alliances and Sector Skills Alliances, if their participation brings an essential added value to the project
- Key Action 3: SUPPORT FOR POLICY REFORM
- Support to Policy Dialogue
- Structured Dialogue (involvement of young people and youth organisations from Partner countries neighbouring EU in dialogue with decision-makers)
For additional information about opportunities for Ukraine, especially about eligibility and award criteria, see 2016 version of the Erasmus+ Programme guide.